Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back to reality!



Well...our shopping trip is over and we're back to reality. What a wonderful time we had...we spent ALL our money (and more!) We got to eat out, Mexican and Chinese...YUM! I took the picture of my sister's orange bathroom for Sara! I found this beautiful, beautiful quilt for Abby's bed(when she gets a room and has room for a big bed!) I LOVE it...TJ Maxx, it was just what I was looking for! NOW, I need all you smart ladies' opinions on what color I will paint the room. Should it be mauve, pink or yellow...we also got dragonfly sheets to go with it! I also got an adorable,pink, 3-shelf unit with princess figures on the side for 10$ at the Christmas Tree Shop! The only downfall of my trip was that my husband called me to say that Jonathan REALLLY wanted to go with his grandparents to Jillian's graduation at Marantha. He's going to miss 6 days of school and going to be gone from me for 10 days...I wasn't home to get him ready, so I can only imagine what he packed!?! I really had to ask God for peace because I was VERY worried to let him go so far without me...I spent a wakeful night, but I'm OK today. Pray for his safety. I did get to meet him in St. George for a hug on my way back.

8 comments:

Ann said...

I vote yellow with mauve and white accents....if you're taking votes.

Angela Monique Brewer said...

I'll put your vote in!

Unknown said...

I have a yellow room right now where I'm living (I had nothing to do with painting it), and I'm not crazy about it. I vote for mauve (not that I would ever want to disagree with a family member!). I'm sure that, whatever color you choose, it will be beautiful.
I was so happy to discover last night that Jonny is on his way to see me! 2 days 'til they arrive!
Oh, I LOVE Amy's orange bathroom.

Angela Monique Brewer said...

I am NOT so thrilled that Jonny is coming(sorry!) Although, I'm sure it will be a good experience for him. We all miss him terribly already! I told him he had to call me EVERY night or I was jumping on a plane to get him!
I also am leaning toward mauve..we'll see

sara said...

I love that orange bathroom- very cheerful!!! Orange is good for small spaces:)

That quilt is pretty- looks like Pottery Barn Kids. My vote is mauve. I painted Skye's old bedroom at our last house a light blue (almost mauve) Very dreamy and calming. It was so cute with bright accent colors.

Angela Monique Brewer said...

Looks like the mauve is winning...

Ann said...

When you have a second, you should go look at the some of the postings on my picture blog. I'm pretty sure there are one or two there that would interest you .....

Anne said...

I vote for mauve as well. Incidentally, mauve or lavender are very good colours to use in a bedroom, as they are less lively than a yellow, and more conducive to sleep and relaxation....they are easier on the eye for focusing, so they "read" relaxing, much the way a sage or non-loud shades of green do.
From watching "Colour Confidential" on WNetwork.